Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fashion and Reading

Fashion...Please

Silly me! I've been forgetting to tell you about our outfits lately! So let's step back in time - not too far back. Just over the past couple of weeks.

First, Day 5 of our Coolspring Trip

Our local hardware store has a gift section and somebody provides outfits for 18" dolls and 15" dolls. (By the way, I'm told that Bitty Twins clothes also fit 18" dolls...so if there is something you really like there.) The outfits are a fraction of the price you would pay for official AG attire. It's more along the lines of the craft show gear...so be wary. 
I found this outfit there just before Coolspring. The shorts are a little bit big, but are comfy. I love the shirt...however, the kitty iron on applique is starting to come off. I'm going to have Xyra iron it and maybe tack it down with a few stitches.

Sun Tea

Here Lanie wears the brown kitty tee shirt with her Nature Outfit leggings.
While I have on Lanies Nature outfit tee shirt. 
Lanie's outfits were only available in 2010 when Lanie was Girl of the Year for AG.

Weeding

Kanani's (GOTY 2011) Aloha Outift looks great on Lanie. While Kaya looks good in Lanie's Garden Outfit.


Sweet Tea

Kirsten is wearing the dress from Lanie's butterfly outfit. Those aren't capri pants Kirsten is wearing...it's her pantaloons. It's great how the eyelet design on the dress matches the eyelet on the pantaloons...they look like they should be together.

Book Review:  Emilly the Strange - Stranger and Stranger

by Rob Reger & Jessica Gruner; Illustrated by Rob Reger & Buzz Parker
What’s black and white and red (read) all over? Emily the Strange books!

I just finished the red one, Stranger and Stranger. It was a difficult read because I haven’t read the first one, the story teller switched for two days worth of entries…I didn’t even realize it…and it’s a journal style book.

What I really liked about this book:
  1. Format - it's a journal with loads of different kinds of entries: lists, paragraphs, quick thoughts, pictures, doodles, scribbles, conversations,…you get the idea.
  2. Cover art & endpapers - LOVE the cover of the “posse” and both Emilies. Then when you open the book…the endpaper design is the name Emily over and over.
  3. Colors – can’t get enough red, black, white and grey.
  4. Intelligent main character - Emily is brilliant (combine all the Addams family members, Grandpa Munster, Beetlejuice, and Peeves together with a hint of Casper). I had to look up a few things from her entry so I could better understand..
  5. Thirteen - not only is Emily 13 years old, but she loves this number and all her lists have 13 items.
  6. Cat Posse - Emily's kitties are awesome! It’s sad they upset during most of the book.
  7. Ghost(s) - LOVE Great Aunt Millie! She's the best.
  8. Artistic talent - the mural is outstanding! It's too bad it got "flushed."
  9. Imaginative names – Venus Fang Fang, Binary Larry…need I say more?
  10. Unique Characters – Retired spy for a neighbor…too cool!
  11. Reanimated figures - who doesn't love a bit of Dr. Frankenstein? Raven is awesome!
  12. Metal birdcage –Raven/a person fits inside.
  13. Conflict resolution - it ended well. That's all I'm going to say.


[SPOILER ALERT!]
Usually, when you make a mistake and find a resolution to that mistake you learn a lesson. I’m not sure Emily learned her lesson.


This was weird, but I really liked it. I think I’ll try another, either the first or the third.

Hope you are having a nice day!
Best wishes,
Melody, Kaya, Kirsten, and Lanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment