Return of a Post SeriesWednesday Wonders is back after a 7 month hiatus. Thought this would be an easy series of posts...not as easy as we thought. Not all book covers lend themselves to being translated into a tableau or photo shoot. Yesterday's weather planted a seed and today saw a sprout.
It's ForksyOkay, I bet you are looking at the screen saying, "Forksy?" Xyra is a huge Twilight fan. I've lost count on how many times she has read the four books in the saga. The main location setting is Forks, Washington a small town that "exists under near-constant cove of clouds" where "it rains...more than any other place in the United States of America." Forksy is a term Xyra's GUSIALI book club friends coined when describing rainy days.
We have had very little rain over the past months and the reservoir water is very, very low. Xyra has seen it lower, but I haven't. It's creepy. There was even a wildfire in Reading, PA last week. Thankfully yesterday and today have been overcast and rain filled. And a nice gentle rain too, so it can soak into the ground and not cause instant flooding.
Anyway, since the weather made me think of Forks, Washington I grabbed our copy of Twilight.
What do you think? Could I be a stand in for the hands model at comic con? Here's the original...
Blurb"Isabella Swan's move to forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's live takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear."
"Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite."
- There are four books in the saga: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn...and five movies.
- Sister Stereo and Gramma Enne read the books before Xyra. Sister Stereo gifted the books to Xyra for her birthday back in 2009.
- Stephenie Meyer was inspired by a dream and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice to write Twilight. The other books are also inspired by other literature: Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, The Merchant of Venice and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Twilight inspired Xyra to join two fandom websites: The Leaky Cauldron (Harry Potter, of course) and the Twilight Saga which shifted over to a book club sight called GUSIALI. In both she connected with wonderful people who inspired her to be more comfortable working online. Though the sites have shifted usage or been phased out she has remained friends with many through Facebook. One of those wonderful people is Lady Marvin of the Lamppost, our first tea guru.
- For more information about the Twilight Saga and other works by Stephenie Meyer check out these links:
Hope you are having a good day. It is now twilight here in real time (giggles) and time for a cup of tea to ward off the dampness.