Xyra SilverleafYep, that's me. I'm the human.
I am an adult doll collector and bloggist. I never outgrew my dolls and have been collecting my entire life. The bigger collection in the house is stuffed animals. I love animals and so many times a plush will scream at me from the shelf or bin to be taken home. Webkinz became a favorite - I have a lot of those.
I am married and my husband (Franz) bought me my first American Girl doll, Melody. He has also helped add clothes and accessories to my doll collection.
If you read the "About Me" on the sidebar of the blog that pretty much describes me. Melody's personality, likes and dislikes, mirror my own.
- Music of all sorts, though there are exceptions when it comes to some genres. I sing alto in two choirs and love it.
- Reading and always have at least one book going. Favorite genres include: classics, young adult, mystery, paranormal, general fiction, mythology, Arthurian legend, fantasy, science fiction, and cook books.
- Baking and cooking. Love trying new recipes.
- TV. I had to bow out of a contest on TV show theme songs because I was raising my hand to answer every one. Right now favorites include: Downton Abbey, Duck Dynasty, Castle, Elementary, NCIS, Suburgatory, Sleepy Hollow, Hawaii Five-O, Pawn Stars, Bones, Big Bang Theory, The Crazy Ones, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, Agents of Shield...
- Movies. Who doesn't love a good movie now and then? My favorites (there are a ton) include: Auntie Mame, Gidget, Gigi, the Harry Potters, the Twilights, Animal House, A League of Their Own, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Clue, the James Bonds, the Star Treks, Despicable Me & Me 2, almost anything Disney (new and old; live and animated), The Trouble with Angels, Practical Magic, Bridget Jones diary, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Pretty In Pink, Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, The Incredibles, Cars, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Mean Girls, Easy A, Beautiful Creatures, X-Men, the list goes on and on and on...
- Playing lacrosse. It's a fabulous game whose origins spring from Native American history. It has been highly regulated since I played which is a shame. I prefer women's lacrosse to men's - there is greater finesse in the technique.
- Shopping and window shopping.
- Animals. My husband and I joke that if someone were to send us live lobsters we would go hungry and have pet lobsters.
I think that is it about me. If there is something I missed, please feel free to ask a question in the comment section.
Best wishes and thank you for stopping by.