Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Day 2 Lego Calendar Plus

Building and Sipping


Behind Door Number 2


[Xyra note: Today the photos are a bit dark, but not nearly as dark as Lanie's would have been without flash. Kirsten's with flash were still bright, but may have been okay. So we're getting there; hoping day 3 is the charm.]

Hi! Haley's drumming her fingers on the desk waiting to get to post. The plan was to let her go first, but since Lanie titled her post the way she did, she kind of set the order. 

I love that I get to go next. Andrea is so neat!
I'll put her back in her room for now.
Here is door number 2. Let's see what's inside.
Hmmm, looks like a table of some sort.
Just a few pieces.
Looks like we have an extra flower and extra skate.
All done.
Andrea likes the skates.
Day three tomorrow. I wonder what could be next.
What do you think could be behind door number 3? Who do you think gets to open and build tomorrow?


First Advent Tea

Yay! I get to post. Just a quick note before I get to the tea...usually we include links to help you find what we are drinking but because this was a gift from "across the pond." getting the right page and blend was tricky. The website kept asking me for my location and the US product is not the same as the EN product.

And Away We Go

This is such a neat idea. I'm really glad Lady Jem sent this Christmas Collection of teas to us. The box artwork is fun.

Inside are 24 individually wrapped tea bags. Two for each of the twelve blends. I think we should just start at the top and work to the bottom. The brewing instructions are right here! Easy to understand pictograms with some words.
The first one is Ginger Lemon.
I chose the glass pot so we can see the tea color easily. Xyra helped me warm it up with hot water first. Now I'm adding the tea bag.
Setting the timer for 6 minutes.
(time passes...timer beeps)
Done! Let's check it out. The color is clear and golden.
Smells lemony.
Oh, hmmm, not sure how to describe this. I think zesty is a good word.
Citrusy and spicy and sweet at the same time. It doesn't need any sugar, but some might want to add sugar or honey. Hey, there is kind of an after bite too. 
Ginger lemon...a good start. I like it, but it's really complex and different from what we are used to.
The website notes, "The spicy taste of ginger warms the heart and lifts the spirit.  The fruity, tart taste of lemon refreshes the mind and invigorates the soul. Hints of lemongrass, liqourice, and black pepper add a light, spicy sweetness. Always delicious, this tea refreshes in the summer and warms in the winter. The essence of this tea is, 'Optimistic new beginnings.'" 

Do you think you'd like a blend with so many flavors?

[Xyra note: The spicy kick increases as the tea cools. This is a unique blend - if you like sushi with the pickled ginger, you understand the kind of kick this brings (without the pickled taste). This is the Ginger Lemon blend and should not be mistaken for the Yogi lemon ginger that is supposed to aid digestion.]

Stop again soon! Have a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. Howdy very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..

    I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...I am satisfied to find a lot of useful information here in the publish, we'd like
    work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete