Monday, December 14, 2015

Day 14 Lego Calendar Plus

There's a Schedule?


Yes, there is. Keeping track of turns has just become impossible! I'm glad I keep it in pencil; the way the girls keep switching on me... Oh, well.  It's all in good fun and as long as they are happy, I am. ;-)
~Xyra

Door 14 Revealed

(giggling) Lanie was supposed to build today, but Haley asked me to switch and then Lanie did, so here I am on day 14! Are you getting excited? We are. Right now we're organizing presents to be wrapped and some shipped. 
So let's get to what is hiding behind door 14.
Cool! A stove!
With a cupcake too!
Check out the stove base! I like it!
Last burner on. 
All done. They gave us three extras - one burner and two pieces that make up a cupcake. I put the extra cupcake in the oven with the other. Safer there.
Here I have the cakes cooling on top of the stove.
And it tucks neatly away in the cubicle. I think this will go behind the cupcake stand when we set up a full scene.


Advent Tea 7

Time for tea number seven in the Christmas Collection box.
This one is called Licorice Mint. I'm pretty sure Gramma Enne won't like it; not sure about Nana Kestrel. 
The description says, "Refreshing cool peppermint, heart-warming cinnamon, ginger and clove and the sweet taste of liquorice. Opposites attract. A unique combination of flavours makes this charming tea intriguingly delicious. A sweet sensation. The essence of this tea is: 'Refreshing balance.'"
Peppermint, liquorice, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon oil, cardamom oil, and ginger oil are blended together to make this tea.

The pictographs on the back show a steep time between 5 and 7 minutes, and it should be sweetened, but no milk.


I've set the timer for 6 minutes. Now we wait. 
What kinds of things do you do while waiting for something to be finished? In six minutes I can get my books  together, feed the kitties, watch some TV, read...so many things.

(Timer beeps)

Here we go! It has a nice rich color.
The aroma is interesting. More minty.
Without any sweetener the black pepper pops a bit. It is sweet on it's own, but might be better with sugar.
So with the sugar, the additional sweetness binds the flavors and evens out the taste. I think the mint is definitely stronger than the liquorice and I can get the cloves...unique and intriguing are good words to describe this blend.
Not a favorite. In fact, we're glad we only have two bags of this one.


Have a nice day! So glad you stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment