Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 10 Lego Calendar Plus

I Get to Build Again!

Well, Sort Of...

Hi! Check it out, door 10 is right here on the corner!
Easy to reach and open.
(sighs) Bummer, no building today. It's all hair stuff. Not that I don't appreciate good hair accessories...

It's neat. There are stars, bows, flowers, a tiara, hearts, a hair dryer, comb, brush, and mirror.

You know,...I can add accessories to Andrea and Liza. I think Andrea needs the sunglasses and Liza gets a bow.
These are so tiny, I'm going to put them back in the bag so none get lost.



Tea Blend #5: Sweet Chai

(laughing and giggling) I beat everyone out of bed this morning - I had a hard time sleeping in the curlers - and asked Xyra to do the next tea review. She forgot I had just done the last one. 
I bet that means I am done with the tea part of Advent. Oh, well. It's worth it. 

Today is Sweet Chai.

Look it has the same pictograph instructions as the Green Chai. That means sugar and milk are added to make it just right.
I'm setting the timer for 7 minutes...
and...GO! You can see it is already starting to brew.

(timer beeps)

Hmmm, I may have added too much water this time. Looks lighter than it did yesterday.
Oh, well, it still smells wonderful. Warm and spicy. 
In fact the online description says, "Fall in love with the natural spicy sweetness of Sweet Chai. Anise, fennel, liquorice and clove combine to impart a deliciously intriguing flavour. To stay grounded and in touch with our souls we need sweetness in our lives, as sweetness represents the earth. Sit back and enjoy a naturally sweet cup of Sweet Chai. The essence of this tea is: 'Put down some roots'."

Even with the little picture telling me this is best with milk and sugar, I'm going to try it plain.
Mmm, even weak it's very nice. The spices mingle together in a unique way. 
This blend has anise, fennel, liquorice, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Warm and exotic; the black pepper adds an interesting kick.

Now with milk and sugar.
Oh, tasty and smooth. The black pepper edge is gone. Now, it's more velvety.
Another chai hit from the Advents Tea Christmas Collection box. 
I'll make sure Kirsten gets to do the next one.


Xyra note: As you can tell, our routine is to try the new blend the first day and review the second. The first brewing of this blend was deeper in color and flavor. As you saw here, too much water weakened the brew. So we do not recommend resteeping or using the tea bags more than once.


Have a great day! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment