Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sip Ware Review: Sakkunnig Tea Infuser

Thirsty Thursday #5

Sip Ware from IKEA

On Xyra's last trip to IKEA she came across this pack of Sakkunnig infusers. You get two in the package. 

I asked Kirsten if she could pronounce the name, but her Swedish is really rusty. We had fun trying different pronunciations. (giggles) It should be pretty straightforward since there are no accents like the umlaut. Anyway, today I gave the infuser a try. Hmmm, green or blue. I think blue.
The infuser fits nicely over the side of your glass or mug.
I brought some Octavia Ginger Peach tea with me and will fill the infuser with leaves. The ginger peach makes a great iced tea.
Xyra filled the glass with water and now we wait. You can see from the condensation on the glass the water is cold.
Here you can see the leaves in the infuser.
I'm kind of hungry...I think a pb&j would be perfect while we wait for the tea. First the bread. I have whole wheat.
Then the peanut butter and jelly. Well, this is really blackberry jam.
YUM-MY!


[Time passes - approximately 2 hours]

Hmmm, maybe this should be a stay thirsty Thursday...here I put the the glass on a white napkin so you can see that the tea is starting to brew, slightly.

This is my glass. (giggles) Just barely a change in color.

Please know, that this does not reflect on the tea or the process. The tea is not blended for cold brew. The flavor is beginning to infuse the water; I did not budget enough time for the brewing. I think we'll try letting it go overnight and see what happens.

So glad you stopped.  Come again soon!


Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, IKEA, or Octavia Tea. All items were purchased for our own use. The review is unsolicited and comprised of our honest observations and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment