Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Halloween is Coming

What will you be wearing?


I know! It's really too early to think about Halloween - it's only August! School is only starting and picture day is more important. However, Xyra received a really neat catalog in the mail the other day and while she was paging through it she noticed that some of the costumes were available in my size (or at least Haley's). So I went on the website to check it out. The company is called Chasing Fireflies and they have 13 unique costumes ranging in cost from $12.50 to $30...plus shipping and taxes, of course. But they look really nicely made. 

My favorite is the glow in the dark skeleton pajamas. The best part is that the pajamas are available in larger sizes too so you can match as a family.
Doesn't this model look just like Haley?


Most have 2 or 3 pieces to them. The Polynesian Princess is on sale and it has 2 pieces - the dress and head piece.


Other favorites include the Tootsie Roll...


And Spiderina. There are five pieces to this one. I can see using the leggings with regular outfits beyond Halloween. :) Same with the arm warmers.



Xyra's Notes

When you look at the description of the Flower Power Doll it says, "...an exquisitely detailed Madame Alexander doll. At 18", she's the perfect size to fit our doll pjs and dresses..." So the costumes may be snug on American Girl and Springfield, but should fit My Life As, Our Generation, and Dolly & Me. Might be a bit big on Journey Girls.

Best wishes,

14 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the Spiderina one.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! It's definitely a different sort of witch costume. So very cute.

      Delete
  2. I got that catalog too! Some cute stuff, I think the Tootsie Roll was my favorite. My girls have something up their sleeve but no ones talking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just appeared. I had no idea where it came from. Sometimes the addressee gives me a clue. :)
      ~Xyra

      Delete
    2. It's almost too early to think about Halloween too. But soon! Can't wait to see what Cassandra, Shivan, Ayla, and Louisa come up with!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the Tootsie Roll!! I bet by Sept 1 Target starts setting up Halloween section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would bet you are right about that. The school section should come down shortly and be filled with Halloween.

      Delete
  4. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    I've gotten that catalog in the past, though I haven't gotten it this year. Springfield Collection dolls and Madame Alexander dolls are pretty close in size (I learned that from having Fawn's doll Kevin here for camp!), and OG and AG are pretty close (but older OGs like Collector's Lane are slightly slimmer, longer in the limbs and a hair taller, like my Jason). At my local Walgreens, they're already getting the fun-size candy bags in stock. And somewhere in the 70s, where my Julie is, I'm sure Woolworth will be stocking those great Ben Cooper costumes pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've had Halloween candy in the grocery store since the end of July.

      I wonder if the new interactive doll (Carli?) is more slender?

      Have Julie check the manufacturer on her next costume...I have a feeling they are from our neck of the woods - Collegeville, PA. :)

      Delete
    2. *From Julie's doll mom:*

      Hi Xyra,

      While's it's true that Collegeville costumes were made in your neck of the woods, Ben Cooper costumes, with different licenses than Collegeville, were made in New York. All of the costumes in Julie's Woolworth discount store have the Ben Cooper label on them. (a memory from my own childhood growing up in NYC).

      Delete
    3. Neat! I've learned something new today. Thank you! :)

      You know, the masks were a little annoying, but I sill like those a bit better than the ones you find in stores today.
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the skeleton pj's :)

    ReplyDelete