Monday, August 24, 2015

Model Monday: Kirsten

Summer Fall


The official first day of autumn is September 23, 2015. That means we have just under 1 month of summer remaining. Not summer vacation (or holiday), but the actual season. At our house, we really try to hold onto that since Xyra says time flies too quickly we shouldn't rush even though the grocery stores have had Halloween candy out since the end of July. Anyway, I wanted to throw together an outfit embracing summer and fall. I hope you like it.


The Shoot
















Which is your favorite photo?


The Details


Yes, this is me, Kirsten and not Melody in the shoot. I borrowed her rectangle glasses (AG retired). Thought they'd look cool. The do, but they are also prescription. Luckily not strong enough to bother me, but I won't be borrowing them again. (giggles)

Haley's white meet outfit top goes with everything!

The skirt is from Silly Monkey. I love the colors and it fits well. We were recently window shopping Silly Monkey and found another awesome outfit. 

I chose the orange flip flops from Ivy's Rainbow Romper (AG retired). They bring out the orange in the skirt.

The OG Boho Beauty belt is perfect with this outfit. I should have grabbed the purse too, but it wasn't as handy.

Finally, jewelry. The bracelets are Lanie's from her accessories and garden outfit (AG retired). Melody lent me her watch from the Urban Accessories (AG retired). The wishbone necklace...Xyra found it in her desk and doesn't remember where it came from. (giggles)

Hope you enjoyed this installment of Model Monday! 

Stop again soon! Have a nice day!


Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, Madame Alexander, Our Generation, or Silly Monkey. The above outfit is composed of items personally purchased or received as a gift for our collection. Links are provided for informative purposes - no purchase is required or suggested.

8 comments:

  1. Picture #4 is definitely my favorite. And I LOVE that outfit, perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is one of my favorites too.
      ~Xyra

      Thank you - we're learning a lot from Alex, Audra, and Clarisse about mixing and matching. :)
      ~Kirsten

      Delete
  2. I really love the skirt, the perfect transition outfit between summer and fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? It does have a matching tee shirt, but I didn't want so much brown...yet. :)
      ~Kirsten

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit! I like the last few pictures where Kirsten is in the sunlight. They are very pretty. :)
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Found nature's spotlight at the last minute. Fun and challenging - almost got my shadow. :)
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  4. Great pictures, and thanks for the reminder to slow down and not rush the seasons (even if we are close to turning on our heat!!!!!)
    I always enjoy seeing outfits with elements from a variety of places. Skirt is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets frustrating that rushing of the seasons; and with the current outlook on what winter is supposed to be...the first snow people will start begging for summer. :-D
      ~Xrya

      Thank you. We really like that skirt too.
      ~Kirsten

      Delete