Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Mini Adventure #20

Rebecca Visits the Finger Lakes

That's right! Little ol' me is reporting a true, road trip adventure! Yay! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to wreck the hotel room like some of the reporters we follow...Del, etc. (giggles)

Martisco Station Railway Museum

If you find yourself in the Finger Lakes region of New York State and are near the town of Marcellus or Camillus you should try to find this neat little railway museum
I was lucky enough to visit the other weekend and enjoyed exploring all the displays. These were my favorites.
The typewriters
This Remington is my favorite, but there were quite a few in the collection. The typewriters were used to type up railway orders and other messages.
I couldn't get close to this ancient first aid kit. The tourniquet shocked me until I remembered how dangerous it is around trains.
I really wanted to get a seat on this caboose. It's a Reading car. 
The conductor was not cooperative. (sighs) Another time, perhaps.
This little train reminded me of the one we have at Christmas only bigger.
This model says it was an English steam locomotive. Looks like it ran in the mines.
The museum has an extensive library. Most of the books must stay on the premises. It's also on the National Register of Historic Places because it was built in 1870.

Cayuga Lake

After the museum we headed out to Cayuga Lake! Such a pretty drive. And the lake sparkled when we arrived! We took this terrible photo of me with the sparkle then I ran down to the boardwalk to get a better look!
So if I posed with the sparkling water, you couldn't see me. We tried a different angle.

It was so nice to see the sun! I climbed up on this boulder to soak in the rays!

Ah!
This lake has some interesting history especially with regards to the train bridge and prison. Plus the Cayuga Lake Monster!

Do You Prefer

Lakes or Oceans
Mountains or Beaches
Waves or Waterfalls
Beach chair or Adirondack chair

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment