Thirsty Thursday #3
Kaya, Lanie, both
It's time to reveal the next Fashionista Tea blend.
Organic White Tip Jasmine!
I love how each blend is color coded. The Organic Creamy Earl Grey was grey; the Organic White Tip Jasmine is seafoam green.
That fits since this is a green tea.
On the back of the can or tin the steeping instructions are clearly printed. Since this is a green tea we use cooler water and don't steep it quite as long.
Looks like we ordered the sachets again.
These are nice. They have a pyramid shape and are made of biodegradable silk.
I've put the tea bag in the pot, added the water, and set the timer for 3 minutes. It's a lovely golden color already.
Really? Of waht?
Double cool! It's the Fashionista Blend! That was also a suggestion.
Very nice. We can do that another time.
Right, back to jasmine.
Look, it's the color of honey.
Yeah. Smells wonderful. Warm and slightly floral, but not perfumey.
First Taste - Plain
Hey, this is nice. Light and tasty. Doesn't seem to need anything added.
You're right. Not bitter or grassy. Fresh tasting.
Second Taste - White Sugar
This is nice. A bit sweeter than before.
Still tastes like sunshine to me. Bright and well, I can't quite put my finger on it.
Third Taste - Raw Sugar
Sweet like the white sugar, but added a touch of malt.
Yeah, but not too much. The jasmine is still the most prominent flavor.
Fourth Taste - Honey
The honey adds a bit of silkiness as well as sweetness.
Oh, yes. This, for me, is like you said of the other tea...I want to close my eyes, sip, and breathe deeply at the same time. (sighs)
Fifth Taste - Agave
This is like the white sugar.
No tasting with milk.
Nope, green teas don't take milk. They are much better without.
We really like this blend. It is light and fresh with a hint of floral.
The jasmine is prominent, but not overpowering. And it holds its own with any of the sweeteners we added.
- Reminder, we are not fond super sweet tea. The overall flavor could change if you put more sugar or honey. For the above tasting each had proportionally (doll sized) 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of sweetener.
- You can re-steep this tea. Add a minute to the time.
- This tastes good hot and when it has cooled off. I have not tried it on ice...yet.
- I'm not sure why, but many jasmine teas remind me of our family trips to Florida when I was little. We drove and when we got down to Georgia the air was always heady with the aroma of blossoms. The Fashionista Organic White Tip Jasmine is like that for me.
- I hadn't expected to see a sample tucked into our package; a pleasant surprise.
- I was introduced to Fashionista Tea at the Philly Coffee and Tea Festival last November. Tickets are available for this year's festival. The dates are November 7 and 8, 2015. I hope I can go again! It was awesome!
Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, Fashionista Tea, or the Philly Coffee and Tea Festival. We ordered and purchased the tea from the Fashionista Tea website. The review is unsolicited and comprised of our own words and honest opinions. All links are provided for educational and informative purposes; no purchase is suggested or required.