Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fashion Review: Sharon's Fabric Creations 2

High-Low Dress


Where to Start

Hi! I loved this dress so much I snagged it for the review. Lots of photos in this one. Let's start by cutting the tags off. 
Yay! Like the zebra outfit Kirsten reviewed the other day, this was made by Sharon of Pete and Sharon's Wood and Fabric Creations located in Punxsutawney.

Dress Details

Tutu please be careful. I know we embrace the idea that "no outfit is complete without cat (or dog) hair," but right now we need it fuzz free.
(looks up, tilts head, and starts grooming)
Here you can see the full dress and the high-low hemline. You can also see it is nicely lined. It's a nice, smooth, cool lining.
The lining is not just in the skirt, but the bodice too.

Sharon put a zipper in this dress, so it is easy to put on and take off.

The embellishment at the waist and on the straps matches the lining color.


Shoes

Which shoes should we wear with this dress, Tutu.
(me-owp)
Yeah, I agree we'll try several. (laughing)


Fit and Shoes

It fits really well. Now for shoes. Let's start with...
Addy's Plaid Summer lace up boots.
Not bad. They could work. 
What do you think, Tutu?
(licks paw and washes ear)

Okay. How about Josefina's shoes? Kinda cute?

(gets up, turns circle, sits down again)

The clear jelly sandals?

(jumps down, goes for a drink, returns to sit)

The fringe boots?

(me-a-ow)

I guess I might be getting closer. (giggles) How about my ivory moccasins?

(purring)
Yes, I agree. I like these best too.

I think I'll add our kitty necklace since you helped with the shoes. (giggles)


Model Shoot









Did I choose the right shoes? Which shoes would you choose?

So glad you stopped. Come again soon!



Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, Springfield Dolls, My Life As, or Pete and Sharon's Wood and Fabric Creations. The shoes have been collected over the past several years and the dress was purchased at a recent flea market event. The review is unsolicited and comprised of our own words and honest opinions. All links provided are for informative purposes. No purchase is required.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, Kaya'aton'my', your dress is so pretty! I really like that dark teal shade on you, and the delicate trim is gorgeous.

    Love,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Audra! It is such a fun dress.
      ~Kaya'aton'my'

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I'm torn between Kaya's boots and Josefina's shoes. I hope they are back selling if I make it out next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the moccasins, but I also really like Josefina's boots. I don't know which ones go better, though. :)

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tough choice. Josefina's low shoes match the color of the trim, so they are nice too.

      Delete
  4. Kaya looks gorgeous, naturally! I really like the high low hem. What wonderful crafts-woman-ship with a zipper and satin lining.
    My favorite shoes were Josefina's.
    Jen @ Dollsbetweenus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I completely agree. Sharon does really nice work.
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  5. Love that dress! Such a great color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had so many great dresses and outfits, but this one kept calling to me from the rack. :)
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  6. My favorite besides the Ivory Moccasins would be Josefina's shoes.

    ReplyDelete