Looking for a Good Lunch?
It's All in the BoxHi! Kirsten here. On a recent outing I needed to pack a lunch (more about the outing later) and this new accessory set from Our Generation is a good one.
The name is It's all in the Box.
This box lunch is well balanced with healthy choices as well as fun snacks. Let's open it to take a closer look.
The lunch box is pink and white hard plastic. On the front is a cute forest scene with a deer and a bird.
It opens. But be gentle. On ours the little flip latch came off. It didn't break, just needs a bit of glue.
You get a carton of milk. I kind of wish it was chocolate milk, but I like both. There is nothing better than an ice cold glass of milk.
What is lunch without a sandwich? This one could be peanut butter and jelly or cheese or maybe ham salad.
Two chocolate cookies! They will taste great with the milk.
A pink fork for eating the salad and fruit cup.
I'm not sure if the salad is spinach with roasted beets or caprese with olives. The fruit looks super yummy. Each comes in a container with a removable lid.
The lids do fit on top so you can close the containers.
Everything, except the milk fits inside. But that's okay by me because milk cartons you get at the store or school, if you're bringing from home you should have a thermos.
I heard Nonna say she could fit the milk inside too.
Wow! Will have to work on that later.
Enjoy your lunch!
- I missed a couple of the other lunch sets, but when I saw this one I had to have it. Then I saw Madelon's review on Karen's blog and was even happier with my purchase.
- While I was slightly disappointed when the latch popped off the box, I noticed both pegs were intact and fit right back in the holes. I have yet to add a drop or to of glue. Will do that in the near future.
- It's odd that the sandwich and cookies are not in bags or containers, but a little plastic wrap can fix that. Even wax paper.
- This set seems to be a popular one in the Our Generation new releases. It has potential for mixing with other doll sized foods in photo shoots.
- I purchased the set on sale the other week, but even at full price it breaks down to less than $1 per piece.
What is your favorite part of this set? What do you like to pack for lunch?
Stop again soon! Have a nice day!
Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl or Our Generation. The set noted was purchased at a local Target. The review is unsolicited, honest, and filled with our own opinions.