Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Library Book Review



Book Review: Ivy and Bean




Melody

I liked this book. It was fun to watch Bean make a new friend. She seems like a fun girl. Ivy was neat too. She would fit in with us…she likes reading and magic.

Kaya’aton’my

Bean likes to explore, but isn’t as outgoing when it comes to Ivy. She changed her mind though and I think these two will be great friends for a long time.

Kirsten

I liked Ivy better than Bean. The story was interesting and a lot of fun. The two had an interesting adventure.

Lanie

Good story. Not sure I want to continue the series though. Bean bugged me. I’m glad she was able to get to understand her older sister a little better, but I don’t think she will remember and will go back to being a pest. Ivy was really cool!



Xyra’s review.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a one day read. :) It was cute.

Bean is a tomboy who has an older sister who is becoming girly and bossy. Her mom wants her to become friends with the girl across the street, Ivy. At first she refuses, then circumstances throw them together and a friendship blossoms.

I am an only child, so I can't relate to the older sister issue, but I do know about meeting new friends and making up ideas about new people before actually talking to them. This was a very interesting story about making a new friend.

The writing and story flow well. Illustrations are filtered about the pages...not full color pictures, but "pencil" sketches. Very nicely done and placed.

Looks like an interesting series for younger readers.



 


PS. Woo hoo! We were chosen as part of Doll Diaries Throwback Thursday featuring Kanani. Check it out here.

#Dolldiariesthrowbackthursdaykanani

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :-D I thought that would be the best way to go with the reviews here.
      Thank you for stopping and sharing.

      Delete