Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Introducing Melody Q


Hello again!

I’m glad you came to visit. Do you have your cup of tea ready? And maybe a few cookies?

My morning started with a cup of Trader Joe’s Irish Breakfast Tea. That is a blend of Assam and Kenyan black teas. The bag steeped 5 minutes in boiling water. I prefer it with one sugar and a little bit of milk.

Currently, I am lifting a cup of Benner’s Black Tea. It is your standard mix of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black teas. Prepared the same as the Irish Breakfast mentioned above.

Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty

My name is Melody Quinn Silverleaf and, for all intents and purposes, I am 10 (or 12) years old. I have long, blonde hair and brown eyes and am 18 inches tall.  Yes, I am an American Girl doll. Not just any American Girl and American Girl of Today. GT12E to be exact.

I arrived in a black box with a yellow lid wearing the Urban Outfit which consisted of a long, dark blue, cargo skirt with a striped. grey long-sleeved, hooded tee shirt, a reversible quilted vest, grey socks, and navy Mary Jane style shoes. My accessories included a watch, necklace (not in pictures), hair-styling chopsticks, a mini magazine, and a black crossbody purse filled with lunch money and library card. [Note: this differs slightly from what is reported at http://americangirl.wikia.com/wiki/Urban_Outfit ]




Yes, I wear glasses most of the time. Here I am wearing my first pair, the oval glasses.

My darling little Coconut arrived with me. She was such a sweet little West Highland Terrier. I say, “was” as, sadly, Coconut got lost and was never found. Coconut II has since joined the family, but I call her Coco instead. Coconut is in these early pictures.

It's been a pleasure today. I hope you can drop by again in the future.

1 comment: