Friday, March 1, 2013

Turn a Frown Upside Down


Hi!
First, to Hanna’s Hannah, flowers and
A cup of tea
As well as wishes for a speedy recovery from her skiing accident.

The past few days have been quite busy and have flown by without having a moment to write a nice blog post. Several ideas flitted into being, so some future posts have started to take shape. They are nowhere near ready to share. In the meantime, let’s talk customer service.

What? Why Customer Service?

When you are treated well you want to keep going back to a store, right? So what? Over my years as an AG customer I have had a few instances when I had to call customer service and found their people friendly and helpful and their policies fair.*

What Happened?
Back in 2008 one of the really cool outfits AG released was the School Days Outfit.
I loved it! I don’t have any official AG jeans and when I saw this outfit in the catalog I put it right on my Christmas list. It’s just too cool! I mean, really! The top and shoes are one of my favorite colors.

Santa (or one of his elves) came through and I did a little happy dance. Until I tried it on—then I wanted to cry. The shoes were fine, the top passable, but the jeans…just did not fit.
So Xyra called AG, explained the situation, and they exchanged the one I had for a new School Days outfit.

That one didn't fit either.
We called again and tried one more time with the School Days Outfit. We struck out with that one too. So this time they gave us the option of exchanging for another at the same price. I got the Photographer Outfit. That fits perfectly. Go figure. Pictures of that another day. J

Later, Xyra went online and saw that a lot of people were having trouble with the School Days Outfit. It’s too bad…such a cute outfit. Anyway,throughout the process everyone was very nice.*

Have a great day!

*Disclaimer: I am writing from my own experiences and completely respect if yours differs. In no way am I affiliated with American Girl, its parent company, or any affiliates—just a regular person writing a diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment