Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy UnBirthday!


“A Very Happy Unbirthday to You!”

Unless it is your birthday, then happy birthday to you!

Alice: I'm sorry I interrupted your birthday party. Thank you.
March Hare: Birthday? My dear child, this is NOT a birthday party.
Mad Hatter: Of course not. This is an unbirthday party.
Alice: Unbirthday? I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand.
March Hare: It's very simple. Now, thirty days has Septem -No. wait... An unbirthday, if you have a birthday, then you - [laughs] She doesn't know what an unbirthday is.

Don’t know what an unbirthday is either? An unbirthday is any day that is not your birthday. So since today in not actually January 14 (my birthday) then it is my unbirthday. We all have 364 un-birthdays a year. Isn't that fun?

I saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday afternoon. The 1951 Disney animated version. I have the Disney picture book on my shelf somewhere; I also have a copy of Lewis Carroll’s book. Both are very good. And I like the 2010 live action movie too.

One of my favorite quotes if from the Dormouse (or Mad Hatter depending on what version you are watching/reading).

Twinkle twinkle, little bat
How I wonder what you're at?
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea tray in the sky.”

Picking Up from the Other Day

Friday I mentioned the Photographer Outfit. It was the one we chose to replace the School Days Outfit that just wouldn't fit. It was a good swap. This one is a really lovely outfit.
The Photographer outfit was not around long. Issued in 2009 it was retired in 2011. It included brown corduroy pants with embroidery at the ankle, red corduroy jacket with ruffled collar and cuffs, brown clogs, purple beret, and either a book or a charm depending on when you bought it.

My research notes the beret has pink flowers embroidered on it. The funny thing is I can’t remember seeing that on my beret. Of course, I may not have looked all that closely. It’s a cute hat whether or not you see the flowers. Maybe I have it on backwards. J Have you ever worn something backwards or inside out by accident?
That’s Tabitha photo bombing. J She’s really soft and friendly and LOVES sitting in sunlight, so the spot we chose to take pictures was prime ground for her.

The outfit doesn't come with a blouse and the jacket has a slim fit, but not too slim. To make it a bit more modest, I wear the Play Outfit’s white tank top under the jacket.

The way the embroidery flows from pant to shoe (and hat) pulls the pieces together.
My research also notes the clogs should have a strap around the heel with a snap closure; however, mine have a soft brown, velvety, elastic strap. What do these discrepancies mean? That AG adjusts the outfits over time and, perhaps, that the person in charge of inputting on the Wikia page made a mistake. It happens.

Xyra added thin braids to my hair and finished the look off with the purple barrette from the first Hairdo Helper. It matches the beret color really well.
This was easy to create. Use the Sparkly Hair Pick (or a comb) to separate a lock of hair from around the ear. Section the lock into 3 parts and hold at an angle so that you’re weaving toward the back and not straight down. Finish with a clear pony-o. Repeat on the other side. Bring the tails of both braids together and secure with a barrette.

That's all for today! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment