Thursday, August 7, 2014

Goschenhoppen Time!

48th Annual Goschenhoppen Folk Festival

Tomorrow is the first day of the 48th Annual Goschenhoppen Folk Festival. This year's theme is the cook stove and "cleaning, always cleaning."

The festival takes place on the Antes House plantation in Frederick, PA. It is off Rt 73 between Zieglerville and Gilbertsville. Find directions here. The cost for adults (age 16+) is $12, but you can get a two-day pass for $18; and for children (age 6-15) is $3. Children age 5 and younger are free.

It would be fun if you could come visit. If you are in the area and can, check out the Before You Go and FAQs. The Before You Go section has a plantation map with the festival layout. Make your way over to the Butter Churning demonstration and mention Tea Time With Melody Q. Xyra chats with everyone, but if you name drop she will give you a bigger smile.

Friday the festival runs from 12 noon to 8 PM. Saturday the gate opens at 10 AM and runs to 6 PM.

I went last year. It was a lot of fun to see the different home skills and trades and past times. Do you remember this? 
Were you following us then?

I wonder which of my sisters will be going this year? Do you have any guesses?

Come back again soon.

Best wishes,

6 comments:

  1. Hmm...Sounds interesting. I'm somewhat nearby, so I'll see if I can stop by, but I have to go to a Birthday tomorrow so I'm not sure...Xyra, are you going? ;)

    Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'll be there. ;) I can tell you all abut churning butter and buttermilk.

      Delete
    2. Cool! Wish I could have made it, it's not to far from my place. ;) Great! Hope you make more posts on it.

      Soph <3

      Delete
    3. Maybe next year. It's always the second weekend in August. Will have the posts up in the near future.

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounds so cool. I love history and I wish I could go, but I'm not even remotely close! Please have more posts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great festival filled with relatively authentic demonstrations. I will definitely have a few posts on it. I had several last year and barely touched all that can be seen.

      Delete