Sunday, August 10, 2014

Goschenhoppen 2014 Part 1

Slightly Backward This Year

Lanie, Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Melody, 2 or more

We're Back

Hi! We're back from festival.
Nice!
Hey, what's that in your pocket?
Ah. That's a wooden nickle.
Wooden nickle?
Yes, everyone who goes to the festival gets one. On the one side there are pictures of cleaning tools.
Cleaning tools?
Yes, the theme this year was "Cleaning, always cleaning."
Oh.
On the other side is the who, what, when.
Umm...
Who sponsored it, what it is, and the year. See.
Oh!
May I hold it?
Sure.
Where did you get this beautiful new kerchief?
One of the wonderful ladies in the needleworking and textile section  gave it to me. Isn't it great?
It's gorgeous. The colors are perfect for this dress.

Such a pretty pattern. I wish I had been there to thank her too. 
[If you are reading, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!]
I bet it would look good with your "meet" dress too. Go get it!
See very nice!
Ooooo. Love it. Cool. Looks great!
What else did you see?
Who did you meet?
Did you see Mountain Mary?
No, I missed her. She was there Friday, but we didn't see her Saturday.
Too bad. She's so nice.
I did meet lots of nice people.
Tell us.
Okay...

Come back tomorrow for more of Lanie's trip to the 2014 48th Annual Goschenhoppen Folk Festival.

Best wishes,






#goschnhoppenfolkfestival
#goschenhoppenhistorians

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm not close enough to the festival, but I went to a different festival today! It's ukrainian days and I went to ukrainian village in alberta. It was lots of fun with lots of food, songs, and more. I also saw a lady making woven belts on a miniature loom and I got to try! I had a ton of fun and it looked like you did too!!


    Also, I am following you, please follow me on my blog foreverlovedolls.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy, that sounds very similar to what our festival, just different heritage. This is mostly German (with a smattering of Dutch). I'm glad to hear you had a lot of fun. These festivals are great!

      Am checking out your blog. :) Thank you for stopping to visit.

      Delete