Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tea Review: New Solstice Brews

Cool Morning; Tasty Tea


Tea from the Shire


Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Lanie, Melody, Xyra

Solstice Brews Hobbit Hearthwarmer

A Geek Tea Blend

It's really chilly this morning. I think we need some hot tea.
You're right.
What are you two doing?
Getting ready to make morning tea.
Nice! What kind?
Not sure. Let me see what we have.
Oh, hey! We haven't opened this one and it sounds perfect.
Hobbit Hearthwarmer..."A cinnamon toffee black tea sure to be found at any home in the shire."
Let's get to work!
I've got the glass pot.
I'm opening the package...look at all the bits and bobs and leaves.
Smells wonderful.
Hmmm, no instructions on this one.
We'll have to guess. One heaping teaspoon in the pot.
Hot water.
Steep for 4 minutes.
It's not getting very dark.
Cool, someone is making tea! Two more minutes to go.
One more minute.
There. It's ready let's pour out.
Looks like a golden green tea.
Smells lovely.
Tastes...smooth. Kind of like wrapping up in a warm blanket.
Shall we add anything.
Maybe a bit of sugar and milk.
Hmmm, we used too much sugar.
You know, it was my idea to make tea.
Sorry. Here you go.
Yep, we added to much sugar. 
The milk makes it creamy.
Still not sure we got this one right.
What do you think, Xyra?
I think...this is a good start, but we do need some help with this one. I'll e-mail and ask for some tips. Fill your cups and let's go.

Xyra aside: In writing this review and looking up the links for you, I confirmed we used way too little tea for this first try. We will try again and update as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

#solsticebrewstea
#Etsysolsticebrews
#hobbithearthwarmertea

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Melody, I don't mean to be critical, but I am concerned with the girls sitting on top of the stove and standing on the burners. We wouldn't want little girls to think it is ok to play on top of a stove.
    I like your blog and look forward to reading it every morning. I love that you have not outgrown your love of dolls and that your husband is supportive of your hobby.
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your concern. I think of that too; we would never want to have our younger readers thinking it is okay for them or their dolls to touch a heated burner. I am working on clearing a better space. In the meantime, this spot is the best with lighting and for taking pictures. [Maybe adding the burner covers would be helpful as well.]

      Thank you for being a loyal reader.

      Delete
    2. The burner covers is a great idea!
      Just yesterday I was telling my pastor, who is a tea lover, about your blog. She has a 4 year old granddaughter who, I know, would love to see your dolls at play. Fawn

      Delete
    3. I think there is one more tea review without the covers, but the added bonus to using them is easier posing since they are flat.
      That is so very nice of you to share my blog. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. That tea sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is; and it was even better with the second try. We'll post that soon.

      Delete