Grace, Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Lea, 2 or more, Xyra
Two New My Life As Outfits
An Easter Bunny helper found us and delivered a lovely basket holding two really cute My Life As outfits and a pair of shoes. Thank you, Nonna!
A few of the girls decided to help out with reviewing (two older AG, two younger AG, and one MA). Haley jumped at the chance because, "Oh, my goodness! They are sooo cute!" She then convinced Grace and Lea to join in, and they convinced Kaya and Kirsten.
Each outfit had two pieces. The Pink and Green Floral Outfit comes with silky, floral pants and a soft, cotton, floral lace, sleeveless top. The Blue Denim and Floral Dress comes with the dress and a white bow, butterfly hair clip. The shoes are separate, but match both outfits! Where to start?Pink and Green please!
On closer look, the top is lined with white cotton. You can see the layers are serged together.
And the pants have faux pockets. Not fond of them myself, but in this case it helps tell the front from the back.Oh, the lace is soft; not picky. I think I'm in on this one.
I'll try too. The pants keep calling to me. Look comfy.
Cool! Kaya you go first.
Hey, the pants go one really well. Oh, I spoke a bit too soon...but...uh...(sighs)...yep, got them on. Not terrible. Help me close the top. (inhales) A bit snug, but I can breathe and move around okay.
You look nice.
I feel a small breeze across my lower back.
Here are the pants. (tosses pants over to Lea)
Got 'em. Ooo, they feel so nice. Oh, um, hmm...yeah, Kaya, I get you now. (giggles)
Here's the top! (tosses top over)
(catches top) I really like the flowers of the lace. How do I look?
I feel a tiny breeze too. (giggles)
Alright-y then. Pants and shirt to you.
Hmmm, where did you two have trouble with the pants?
Well, I had a little trouble too, but it was getting my beet through at the bottom.
It's not bad. Just had to get the right angle. (giggles)
The lining in the top is great! What is this breeze you were complaining about?
On to the next one!
- The pants fit all three well. Not always the case with MLA clothes. Kaya had the most trouble getting the waist in the right spot. You can see the pull it takes from the front in her first photo. They fit Lea well but are still a tiny bit snug. Haley's toes are a bit wider than Kaya and Lea's but overall this is a really good fit for her.
- All three girls had the slight "v" at the bottom of the blouse. It fit Haley and lea best and was very snug on Kaya, but no Velcro showed.
- I give this one a 4 out of 5 stars for cuteness, fit, style, and versatility.
Cute shirtdress styling.
Yeah, and there is an underskirt.
The hairbow is cute.
You know all about those. (giggles)
Hey...well, yeah I do. (laughing) Me first! (takes dress and heads to change) Oh, help!
Now I understand why ladies had help dressing back in the old days. Take a deep breath, Kirsten!
That didn't work. Try exhaling.
I did the best I could.
Yeah, but definitely not my size. (giggles)
Let me give it a shot. I'll help you out.
Thank you. (steps out of dress) Ahhh!
Hey, this is nice. I really like it.
Definitely fits you better. Your turn, Haley!
I can definitely see sharing this one.
It's really cute!
Oh, hey! Kirsten! You still have the bow! (laughs)
- While it wasn't too hard to get the dress on Kirsten, it took some patience. Was not too bad getting off either. The waist and skirt fit well, but the bodice was really snug and I could not get the Velcro to fully cover and close.
- Grace had an easier time getting the dress on. The top was snug, but a good fit.
- Haley had the easiest tine getting it on and off; it was loose on her.
- Kirsten forgot to pass along the hair clip, but it was okay. I couldn't find a good place to clip it on either Grace or Haley. I also noticed the clip is kind of fragile and snags in the hair; it could break over time.
- I give this one a 3 out of 5 on fit and clip quality, but a 4 out of 5 for cuteness, style, and versatility.
FunWhich is your favorite outfit? Who do you think looks best in the outfits?
Pink and Green Floral Outfit: Kaya, Lea, Haley
Blue Denim & Floral Dress: Kirsten, Grace, Haley
Have a great day!
Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, Madame Alexander, or My Life As. The outfits featured were gifted to our collection. The reviews are unsolicited and comprised entirely of our own honest opinions, thoughts, and words. All links are provided for educational and informative purposes. No purchase is required to enjoy the post.