Inspired by a Book ClubFlo over at Say Hello to My Little Friends announced her new post series, a book club, back in January. The first book to be discussed, Lanie by Jane Kurtz. The discussion starts today. If you've read the book, pop over and share your thoughts. You can also read our review from the other day.
My TurnHow often have you found a book where the main character shares your name? This is the first I've seen. The best part is the book had a few illustrations so I could easily do two poses for you.
How did I do? I made mine slightly different. Here are the originals.
We could be twins, right? (giggles)
"Meet Lanie Holland—Lanie was born with 'outside genes.' She dreams of being an exploerer of the wide, wonderful world—tracking wildlife, trying new experiments, and recording factoids in her science journal. Trouble is, the rest of her family has 'inside genes.' It wouldn't be so bad if Dakota, her best friend and fellow nature lover, were around. But she's on the other side of the world, having awesome adventures in a real rain forest. What Lanie needs are some real adventures of her own. Things start looking up when her outdoorsy Aunt Hannah comes to stay—and Lanie finds a few surprises in her own backyard."
- Lanie Holland was American Girl of the Year for 2010.
- This book could be a stand alone story with a few questions left unanswered.
- Lanie Holland has two books sharing her story. The second is Lanie's Real Adventures.
- You might be able to find these books at your local library or a used book store.
- Jane Kurtz has written other books. You can see them listed on her goodreads page.
Hope you are having a good day. I'm taking over this week.
See you again soon!