Thirsty Thursday #7
ReviewI've been eager to taste this blend since Lady Grey sent it to us for Christmas.
It's called cinnful because it has a lot of cinnamon in the blend. There's more too, so...
Let's Get StartedWhile the kettle heats up we can look at the blend a little closer.
The cinnful blend is a "red rooibos loaded with cinnamon with cloves and orange peel added."
You can see the shredded cinnamon bark in the blend; the cloves and orange peel are really noticable too.
It smells wonderful! Spicy.
The container says to "steep 1 tablespoon" 4 to 5 minutes. I put 1 tablespoon in our tea pot.
The kettle is done...can you see the shadow of the steam on the wall?
Hot water added and we've set the timer for 5 minutes. Go big or go home, right?
[Time passes...timer beeps]
Done. It has a nice red color to it.
Smells heavenly! Spicy, citrusy...yum!
Here it is in the cup all of the bits and pieces strain out nicely.
The steam is warm and inviting. Spicy yet relaxing at the same time.
Plain is really good. I don't think it needs any additional sweetener.
But I'll try it with white sugar too.
This is nice too. The sugar takes the edge off the cinnamon and orange.
I'm not trying it with milk. I'm afraid the citrus will make it curdle and it's too good a blend to waste even a drop.
This is perfect with a piece of the banana-rum bread Grace made the other day!
Thank you, Lady Grey, for this delightful, oh, I mean cinnful (giggles) rooibos blend!
- In my opinion, rooibos can be tricky. Sometimes the blend doesn't mesh well with whatever flavors are added to it.
- The rooibos plant does not bear caffeine and is low in tannins.
- Rooibos is also known as red tea, even though it really isn't tea. Check the ingredients list though - if the list includes green or black tea, there will be caffeine.
- Rooibos has lots of minerals, antioxidants, and polyphenols.
- This blend was created in Iowa. It's smooth, and the notes work well together. I think it is best hot, but is still tasty when cold.
So glad you stopped. Come again soon!