OG Retro Outfit
Trying on Clothes Can Be TryingThis is not good. Do I really have to come out.
Okay, but this looks much longer on the package and website, and the shoes...
Do your best. Remember this is a review.
(sighs) This is so embarrassing.
(heavy sigh) Okay, the Our Generation Red Letter Day retro outfit comes with 1 jumper, 1 turtleneck, 1 pair of socks, 1 belt, and 1 pair of glasses. The glasses are fun, but a little big and the pink is too pale. The knee socks are nice; they have a dark pink scallop edge, except the toe seam is kind of uncomfortable. The orange turtleneck and dark pink belt are great, but I don't like the belt color for this outfit.
The orange and red shoes don't fit with or without the socks on. Hmpf.
The burgundy, corduroy jumper is waaaayyyyyy too short. I can't sit down in this. I love the color, but it's more like a tunic than a dress.
Do you have any ideas to salvage the outfit?
Oh, Sure. Everything but the shoes can be used in mixing and matching with other wardrobe pieces. Hmmm, I wonder if the shoes will fit Haley?
Can you show us alternatives?
Okay, so I just grabbed a few things. These ideas aren't perfect, but a place to start. The red in the jumper matches the red in our one plaid skirt. I also changed out the pink pelt for the brown one from the Boho Beauty outfit. I'm glad I thought to grab the brown mary janes; these are much better.
Definitely more modest.
Ohhh, I'm liking this version a LOT! Wow! Yeah.
How do I look?
These are the leggings from the Mad About Plaid outfit.
Here's the photo from the box.
I guess their model is showing as much leg as I.
I was not comfortable; it's just too short to use as a dress without tights, and even with tights. I like it much better as a tunic.
How would you use this outfit? What is your favorite piece? Which of the looks is your favorite?
- The Red Letter Day Our Generation Retro Outfit was marked $3.88 at Target. A good price.
- All items are made with sturdy materials and seem well constructed (with the exception of the hem length and shoes).
- Nice mixing and matching pieces.
- The jumper is way too short on Grace, I can't even imagine how it would be on Melody. Might be a bit longer on Haley, but not much.
- No avoiding upskirt photos with this one unless you pair with opaque tights, another skirt, leggings, or pants.
- The turtleneck has two narrow strips of velcro in back. The hook side of the velcro will catch on the shirt.
- The shoes are molded plastic and usually I like them. They'd work without the t-strap.
- As shown on the box: 3 of 5 stars. For additional wardrobe pieces: 4 out of 5 stars.
Main outfit: OG retro outfit Red Letter Day
Skirt: Amy Shepherd
Brown Belt: OG Boho Beauty
Leggings: OG Mad About Plaid
Shoes: AG Brown Shoes for Dolls
Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl or Our Generation. The outfit mentioned above was purchased locally for our collection. The review is unsolicited and comprised or our own words and honest opinions. All links are provided for educational and informational purposes; no purchase is required.