Thursday, September 17, 2015

Ocean City Outfit

Getting Edgy


Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Lanie, Melody, 2 or more

Oh, good! You're all here.
What's up, Mel?
I wanted to show you the outfit I found while in Ocean City.
Is that a Kay Jay's bag?
Yes!
Cool!
Show, show!
(opens bag and pulls out clothing)
Here it is!
Ooo. Nice! Wow! Cool!
I got new glasses too.
Put them on.
What do you think?
So cute!
(giggles) Their crooked!
(laughing) Oops!
This is a nice find, Mel. It has a kilt, top, and necklace.
I know, right!
You going to try it on and model for us?
Sure! Be right back.
Hey!
Yeah!
Grab the black boots.
Ohhh, nice idea!

(a few minutes pass)

How does it look?
Do a twirl.
(giggles)
Yeah, spin!
(giggles)

So?
Very cool!
Yeah, I'm already getting ideas for this one.
So many possibilities.
I like the boots, but I think the loafers...
Yep, lots of options!


Xyra's Notes

  • The clothing/outfit options at Kay Jay's have expanded since Kaya went to Ocean City in 2013. Something for everyone. Decent prices; I think my entire bill was less than $24. I got this outfit, the glasses, and a small cake.  
  • All the seams are serged and lay flat. That's nice. 
  • The top has two snaps for fastening. I have a little difficulty with them so this would not be for a very young collector. The hem falls below the waist and can be worn tucked in (as above) or out.
  • The skirt has velcro at the waist and the two buckles. I opened the skirt fully, but may not have had to. It is a snug fit on Melody (remember she's an earlier AG with a fuller body), I'm not sure she can wear tights with this skirt, but her slimmer sisters may be able to.
  • The necklace was included with the outfit. I'm pretty sure it's an anklet. Decent quality, but choking hazard for the very young.


We'll have a Who Wears it Best post in the near future. In the meantime, who do you think will look best in this outfit?
I can't wait to try it on. (laughing)

Best wishes,


#DollWardrobeShopping
#EdgyDollFashion

2 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I'm a sucker for plaid, I probably would have selected it too. I like it with those boots!

    ReplyDelete