Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Lanie, Melody, 2 or more
Oh, good! You're all here.
What's up, Mel?
I wanted to show you the outfit I found while in Ocean City.
Is that a Kay Jay's bag?
(opens bag and pulls out clothing)
Here it is!
Ooo. Nice! Wow! Cool!
I got new glasses too.
Put them on.
What do you think?
(giggles) Their crooked!
This is a nice find, Mel. It has a kilt, top, and necklace.
I know, right!
You going to try it on and model for us?
Sure! Be right back.
Grab the black boots.
Ohhh, nice idea!
(a few minutes pass)
How does it look?
Do a twirl.
Yeah, I'm already getting ideas for this one.
So many possibilities.
I like the boots, but I think the loafers...
Yep, lots of options!
- The clothing/outfit options at Kay Jay's have expanded since Kaya went to Ocean City in 2013. Something for everyone. Decent prices; I think my entire bill was less than $24. I got this outfit, the glasses, and a small cake.
- All the seams are serged and lay flat. That's nice.
- The top has two snaps for fastening. I have a little difficulty with them so this would not be for a very young collector. The hem falls below the waist and can be worn tucked in (as above) or out.
- The skirt has velcro at the waist and the two buckles. I opened the skirt fully, but may not have had to. It is a snug fit on Melody (remember she's an earlier AG with a fuller body), I'm not sure she can wear tights with this skirt, but her slimmer sisters may be able to.
- The necklace was included with the outfit. I'm pretty sure it's an anklet. Decent quality, but choking hazard for the very young.
We'll have a Who Wears it Best post in the near future. In the meantime, who do you think will look best in this outfit?
I can't wait to try it on. (laughing)