Monday, April 15, 2019

We Weep with Paris

Notre-Dame Cathedral

Our hearts are broken. A place rich with history and stunning in so many ways. One featured in art and literature. One that touched the hearts and souls of many. Taken by flames.

For more information see Fire Ravages Notre-Dame
Photo by: Creator:Thibault Camus. Credit:AP, Copyright:Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Xyra was blessed to visit the cathedral in person. She and Grace are truly heartborken over this loss. We extend our deepest and sincerest condolences to the people of France and all who carry memories of Notre-Dame in their hearts and experience.

Much love!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Xyra, thanks for this post. It is so awful what has happened.
    Paris is my favorite city even though I have not been there for a while. When I visited, I always stayed on the Left Bank and I always walked by Notre Dame.
    It is so sad. Even our dolls are grieving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful experience. I'm glad you have those special memories.

      Delete
  2. One of my dolls came from Paris (although she was made in Spain). Her name is Mattie after my sister's friend who lives in Paris. Yesterday was the person Mattie's birthday.

    The whole situation is horrific but the singing in the streets, the open weeping, the aggressive actions of the firefighters and police to save as much as they could, so much of yesterday is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The solidarity shown by those witnessing in person was amazing. those risking all to save history take my breath away.

      Delete