Friday, February 5, 2016

Getting Ready

Starting the Day

Happy Friday

Grace, Haley, Kaya, Kirsten, Lanie, Melody, 2 or more

[Normal breakfast clatter and chatter]
I hear there's a new girl on the way.
But, I'm the new girl?
You can be the old new girl.
Hey, no one's older than I am. (laughing)
(Imitating Fred and George Weasley) We were new girls...together. (giggling)
(wistfully) I remember being new girl.
I was new girl longest. I mean, technically Melody was, but she was really only girl. None of us will ever be only girl.
You'll be "new girl" the shortest time. 
I haven't learned everything yet.
And now you'll have someone who will be learning with you.
True.
Time to head out. Let's go!
[Breakfast clean up clatter]

Xyra Note

In case you are wondering, we had Shoo Fly Pie for breakfast today. It's really good with hot tea, milk, coffee, juice...

This is a Pennsylvania Dutch treat. A molasses crumb cake with a layer of molasses goo at the bottom. This one wasn't from our favorite baker, but had a thick "wet bottom" that was not too sweet. There are a lot of recipes out there for Shoo Fly Pie some call for molasses while others call for table syrup and still others turkey syrup. All give a slightly different flavor to the cake part and the bottom layer. If you should search, be sure to specify "wet bottom."

Best wishes,

4 comments:

  1. now it's time to make the tees that have snoopy holding a candle on it for big dolls and mini dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D Not quite talented enough for that. But I think...I have an idea...

      Delete
    2. what's that. must have it done before this friday's telecast

      Delete
    3. You'll have to check back and see. :-D

      Delete