Sunday, March 15, 2015

No Julie Here

Just Wasn't meant To Be

Historical, Julie Albright

Friday night I attended an interesting and really fun fundraiser with friends. There were over 230 donated baskets, gift cards, and other items. The items were displayed on tables around the outside of the room and across the front of the stage. Each had a little bag in front of it to collect tickets. Each person attending was given a ticket and 20 copies ticket number to distribute among the bags. You could also buy extra tickets. 

On my way to buy an extra set of tickets a red and white box caught my eye. "Was that? Oh, my goodness! It is an American Girl doll! Which one? Julie in her original meet outfit! The box is kind of dinged. Who cares about the box?! I need to try for that doll!" So I bought 2 extra tickets. Overall, I think I put 42 tickets in the bag to try to add Julie to my collection.
(Note: This is not a picture from Friday night - I couldn't get a good shot of the doll.
I found this photo through google images - it was from an eBay listing.)


Alas, my number was not pulled from the bag. It was a popular one. If I had won her, I would have gotten Julie for $10.


I won this awesome basket instead. 

Still a good night and a great fundraiser for a local elementary school!

You never know...

Best wishes,


6 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! Wish you had won her. I never find any doll related things around except for a homemade doll clothes basket at our library, which I didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She would have fit in well here, but my disappointment was fleeting since most in the crowd had children - I know she found a good home.

      You'll find something sometime, just keep your eyes open. :)

      Delete
  2. Bummer, that would have been an awesome win! But that basket is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i agree. The basket is great because I already use most of these products - don't have to buy for sometime now.

      Delete
  3. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    Bummer, it would have been great if you won her. It would have been interesting to see what 70s stuff YOU came up with! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, I know exactly where quite a few 70s era things are in the house. She could even have had the bedding my grandmother had made for my baby dolls back then.
      ~Xyra

      Delete