Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tea Review: Clipper

Thirsty Thursday #25

Clipper Tea (Love Me Truly Infusion)

Hi! Back in September Sassafras from Treasured Friendships with a Flair sent us a beautiful cake and four teas to try. I grabbed one this morning and it just happened to be the one Grace suggested we try first! 
Why the pink on first? Well, it's a mystery tea. The only writing on the beautiful pouch is the brand logo - Clipper: natural, fair, and delicious.
The aroma is not strong, but it's kind of spicy. I'm betting on a green tea of some sort.
Okay, so after pouring the water over the bag, I'm now thinking a white tea or herbal. You know what? While this is steeping I'm going to search the net!
Here we go, Clipper Teas. I don't see anything similar on the green page. Hmmm, infusions? Yes, I think this is it. Organic Love Me Truly Chai Infusion
Still not a lot of information. If I zoom on the box it says, "Cinnamon chai organic infusion for some well deserved me time." (giggles) 
[Timer beeps]
Done! Well, it got a little darker and I can smell the cinnamon.

First sip is plain. (sips) 
Not bad. Not too strong or too weak. Flavors blend well together. I can get the cinnamon, but this is not spicy like we - Americans - have come to think of chai. 

Second sip with a bit of white or table sugar. (sips) 
Makes the brew sweeter, but doesn't do anything much with the flavor blend.

So if you're looking for a slightly exotic, mild and relaxing blend the Clipper Love Me Truly infusion is a good one to have on hand. 
Thank you for sending it to us, Sassafras!

Xyra's Notes

  • We steeped for 4 minutes; may have been able to let it go longer.
  • Definitely would not re-steep this bag.
  • Slightly sweet on it's own, but does stand up with table sugar and would probably be good with agave or a mild honey. I do not suggest a heady honey (like buckwheat or even straight clover) as it will completely change the balance of flavors.
  • If you are interested in trying this tea, The Clipper "Where to Buy" page mentions Amazon.


So glad you stopped. Come again soon!

Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl or Clipper teas. As mentioned above, the tea featured was a gift from a friend and/or fellow blogger. the review is unsolicited and comprised of our own opinions, thoughts, and words. All links are provided for educational and informative purposes. No purchase is required or suggested to enjoy the post. 

6 comments:

  1. I've had this tea, it's an herbal chai. I didn't fancy it personally, it didn't have enough 'backbone' so to say for me. Not what you'd expect from a usual chai as you said.
    ~Lu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see that. Perhaps it was good the name was not on the individual packet or tea tag inferences would have been established and resulting expectations not met.

      The Chai we expect makes me think of a Downton Abbey style library, relaxing in a wing chair. This was more of a wicker chair in a sun room on a spring day.
      ~Kaya (& Xyra)

      Delete
  2. I honestly wonder what molasses would do with this tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is an interesting thought. It would definitely depend on the brand and strength molasses, but my initial reaction is, "ew, no" because I think it would just thin out the molasses to a more drinkable thickness; however, the tea would be lost completely. Yes, it was that mild.
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've had Tazo Passion tea, just haven't reviewed it. I think we have a couple left; I'll put it on the schedule. It's a lovely hibiscus tea.
      ~Xyra

      Delete