Friday, November 3, 2017

Coolspring October 2017 4

Coolspring Power Museum Fall Expo 2017

Day Four

Saturday has a different feel to it. A lot of the people in the field have left, but the buildings are still humming away. So I struck out early to see what I could before the winterizing began.

A lot has happened since the last time I was here, so I wanted to check out the new buildings up on "the hill." Over in Pat's Place you can find another DeLeVergne. it's not a Hornsby-Akaroyd.
However, it still looks cool and runs well.
Over here is the engine Cali Greg runs.
It's a White and Middleton.
I love the way the sun glints off this fly wheel.
This one is missing a few pieces. I bet it's someone's restoration project. It a Bradford.
Paul's Pavillion is more complete than when Lea and Grace were here.
Then we headed to the Coolspring General Store for ice and Swedish fish! It's an easy walk. The General Store is behind the red SUV.
On our way back we stopped at Friends Exhibit Hall. Engines flank the entrance.
This is an interesting engine.
I think it's one of my favorites.
Friends or FEH is the place to stop if you to rest or need a pick me up. You can find all sorts of treats.

And beverages here. Picnic tables too. All for a free will donation.

Of course, I had to visit the Snow.
It's so, so big! 600 horse power big!
Not sure what this does, but it looks cool. It's part of the Exley Station building display.
By the time I got down off the hill the temps had risen enough to take off my sweatshirt.
We cut through the Lillibridge building and saw the Miller.
Then I headed around to the other end of the Power Tech building to see this vertical engine.
And the Twin Klein.
This is a great view of the Otto running.
Showing the original paint has more flare than repainting.

That's all for today. My report is almost over. Which is your favorite photo from today's review?

Thank you for stopping. Come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day. I think those apples look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and from one of the volunteers home orchard. :-)
      ~Xyra

      Delete