Thursday, November 2, 2017

Coolspring October 2017 3

Coolspring Power Museum Fall Expo 2017

Day Three

Picking up where we left off after following the Phantastic Phil tour. You know, Phantastic Phil reminds me a lot of the Phillie Phanatic. Not in looks, but the spelling. (giggles) Anyway, I mentioned Zara and Flo brought us surprises. For Xyra there was a small box of Yorkshire tea! That made her eyes light up. For me, and I really did squeal when i saw it, a Beacons tee shirt! I had to wear it the next day.

Today was busy with people, so I tried to stay out of the way and walked around checking out different engines. First was the Windy City
I love this building. It's the actual building. the whole thing was brought to Coolspring and restored! You can rad about it here.
Then I had to go over to the DeLevergne Hornsby-Akaroyd. 
I love watching the fly-ball governor, flame, pistons, fly wheels...
Oh, really I just love watching this engine. The way all the parts move together to make it work. Wow!

The Kahlenberg is fixed! Yay!

Franz's new 10 horse M is running behind me. 
It's neat to see these engines settle into a groove.

Of course, I had to have ice cream. 
And as you can see by my tee shirt, the temperatures were prime for ice cream eating.

Later in the day I saw this Sandwich engine in the field. 
It reminded me of our family and friends in Illinois. Gramma Enne and Opa Hans would visit our aunts at the Sandwich Fair. Xyra told me it's a fun county fair with everything from engines to farm animals to competitions to carnival rides!

After dinner we spent time at Sudlow Station

Doesn't it look great lit! That's from gas lights like those in the Windy City building.

That's it for day three, two more days to recap.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

So glad you stopped. Come again soon!

4 comments:

  1. The t-shirt looks great on you! Sophia and I are going to have to come back sometime, we missed out on the ice cream. I hear the chocolate is really good!
    ~Zara

    Looking forward to next years get together! I think I'm about due for another visit to the snow and to see some of the other new setups.
    ~Flo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They added peach and pumpkin to the fall line up of flavors. The Oreo is good too; looks lavender. But the chocolate is really good too.
      ~Kaya

      We can get up on the hill early to hear the talk. It's interesting in many ways.
      ~Xyra

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing looks like a real fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy the visit to our other "family." It's a real getaway.
      ~Xyra

      Delete