Monday, October 7, 2024

Spring Steam Up

Rough & Tumble Historic Association


Hi!  My name is Joclin Audrey Silverleaf, most of my friends and family call me Joc (soft c sounds like s) or Jas (elongated s sounds like z).  Melody told me it's usually too hot for one of us to go to the Threshermen's Reunion in August, so when the opportunity arose this past May to attend the Spring Steam Up I had to go.

The engines here are really cool.  I hadn't ever seen anything like these.  The biggest is the Cooper.







After lunch I watched the modified garden tractor tractor pull.  


It was fun!







I got annoyed at the announcers. They kept cheering for the boys and mentioning the boys' achievements, but not the girls. I cheered for both, but clapped a little harder for the girls.

Later, I worked on my fun factoids while everyone was cleaning up.  Then we were off to dinner and home.


A fun time with a fun group of people!

Have you ever been to a tractor pull?

Thank you for stopping. Come again soon!

signature-fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment