Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mini Outfit Review: LORI

New Mini Outfit

LORI: Warm Hat, Warm Heart

Note: This outfit is not featured on the LORI Doll website and is no longer on the Target website. Therefore, there will be no links in this review.


Kaya and Tama

Finally! My turn to play with the dolls! I just want to change up their outfits. Had to try this new one too. It's cool. 
Comes with a silver backpack, short-sleeved wrap sweater, super dark pink sleeveless top, black and white pattern leggings, fluffy purple hat, and boots. The backpack has an opening so you can put things inside.
I like everything but the hat on Tama. It just doesn't sit right. Her hair is so thick. But I like the rest of the outfit.
It's too big on Evan.
Hmmm, I like it on Rebecca. She looks cute!

I love the mix and match possibilities. In this outfit. Let's try this top and jacket with the leggings. And now to change the shoes. 
Oh, no! The boots are stuck! I don't want to pull too hard. It feels like her leg is coming away from her body! Help!

(heavy sigh) Okay. I used a spoon as a shoehorn and got the boots off. 
I'm putting them in the "do not wear" pile.


Kaya's Rating

Warm Hat Warm Heart is a fun outfit. It comes with six items. Three are great. Two are iffy. One I didn't really use. I give it a B.

  • Cute factor: A- Super adorable combination. Strange mix of seasons. Not  new thing for LORI fans.
  • Fit: C+ The main three clothing items fit well, but the hat is too big and the boots too tight.
  • Versatility: A+ All of the pieces would work and mix well with the other clothes we have. Tama's final outfit uses pieces from three different sets.


What is your favorite part of the outfit?

So glad you stopped. Come again soon!


Note: Tea Time with Melody Q is not affiliated with American Girl, LORI, or Battat. The outfit featured in today's post was purchased for our collection with our own money. The review is unsolicited and comprised of our own honest opinions, thoughts, and words. No purchase is required to enjoy this post.

2 comments:

  1. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    Hi Xyra,
    I have a lot of 12" GIJoes, so I know how frustrating sticky boots can be. Try rubbing the dolls feet and lower legs in cornstarch and put some in the boot too (make sure you put some along the sides where the legs go as well). Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Julie's mom!
      Thank you for the great idea! Thees boots are so cute it would be a shame not to wear them. I think since they are taller than the others it changes the leverage point for easy off. On was no problem at all. Thanks again!
      ~Xyra

      Delete