Sunday, July 16, 2023

Coolspring June 2023 Recap

A Month Behind


Hi, All!

Franz went west this weekend to Coolspring Power Museum for History Days!  His trip reminded me I haven't posted about the June Expo.  So here we go!  I was excited to go to my first Expo.  I've been to History Days before and it is much different. 

Arrival

We arrived in the afternoon on Wednesday.  It had been raining for the whole trip out so when we set up housing, my tent was not put up.  It was better for me to sleep in the truck. I helped Xyra put up theirs though.  So did our "neighbor."  We needed extra hands because of the rain and wind. 

You can tell from my sweatshirt it was chilly in the evening.



I love how Xyra lights the tent.  That's four strands of battery powered fairy lights.


Thursday

It was gorgeous!  We had gate duty.


Then I visited Dr. Harvey's first engine.



I toured the rest of the building and found some really cool engines.



Even a twin!



Friday

It rained on and off so I stayed mostly around the Power Tech and Power Tech Annex buildings.  They moved things around and there were several vertical engines in a row.  The Marinette was the main focus.




During a lull I took a walk around the buildings close by.








Check out the cool lighting in Windy City.  You can tell how overcast the day was by how easily the gas lights show through the windows.

Then off to the Sousong Building and Preston Foster Hall. 





Sunset over the field.

After dinner, I put together a Lego set.  
Love it!






Then we went over to watch the vertical engines run.






Saturday

The field started clearing out.  It was really full the other days.  Now, not so much.




I headed up on the hill to check out the new Diesel building.  It's coming along nicely.






Then Over to Pat's Place.


The Snow.






And overlooking the grounds before heading back to the Annex.







Sunday we headed home.  Packing and unpacking...no photos taken. 

Rest well my friends!

What is your favorite photo from the trip?

Hope you are having a great summer!  Enjoy every minute!

signature-fonts

#CoolspringPowerMuseum

No comments:

Post a Comment