Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Coolspring October 2022

Looking Back...One Month


Wow!  I can't believe time has flown so quickly.  Last month at this time we were at the Coolspring Power Museum for the Fall Expo.  I was so happy to go back! Also sad our friends from Say Hello to My Little Friends couldn't join us.

Arrival!

If you're a regular reader, you know how it goes.  We leave early in the morning and arrive around lunch.  Then we set up our home for the rest of the week.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't going to be nice enough for my tent to go up.  I was safer sleeping in the truck.  Good thing too.  We had a lot of rain on Thursday.  Friday and Saturday were lovely!


Having Fun

Well, we arrived in summer and moved to fall and late fall weather.  The leaves were gorgeous, but the one windy day we saw a lot of trees go from full to bare in the course of the day.  It was so good to go exploring the grounds.  I was up on the hill to see the CPM Diesel building construction and then down among the other buildings.  Always fun to see the engines running.  











Of course, I had to hang out the Windy City and Hornsby-Ackroyd.





There are some new vertical style engines in the Power Tech building.  


So much fun checking out how the museum has grown!





Over in the Susong building you can help finance the diesel building with your own brick.




Someone asked me about the oldest engine at the Museum. That's the Crosley.



We spent one evening in Sudlow Station.  Didn't sleep there, just hung out.  It was toasty.



Grace told me I should catch a ride.  It was a lot of fun!


Hope you enjoyed our trip.  Have a great day!

signature-fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment