Friday, March 18, 2022

March is Marching

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day!

There are good ships
and wood ships
and ships that 
sail the seas,
but the best ships
are friendships
and may they 
always be!
Slainte!

Newcomer!

The other day we welcomed a cutie patootie.  Our little Star.


Isn't she sweet?

Spring Temps

Hey, Kirsten!  What are you up to?
I'm taking Star for a walk then to play.
Let's go! 







Xyra's Notes

If you look at the photo of Star with the two tiny dolls.  The red haired baby is wearing clothes sewn by my Grammy.  She was brilliant in her needle skills and sewing.  She would have had so much fun making clothes for the Tea Time crew and now little Star.  Of course, I miss her for more than her sewing and crocheting.  Such a wonderful woman.

Star's named after a character created by Carolyn Haywood.  One of my favorite chapter book series when I was in elementary school was her Betsy series.  Book one is B is for Betsy.  Book 5 is Besty's Little Star and focuses on Betsy's little sister. There are 12 books in the series.

Thank you for stopping by!  Stay safe and well!

signature-fonts

2 comments:

  1. Star is a cutie! OMG...babies at Coolspring post? LOL Cool story too about the little outfits, my mom loved sewing for Barbie, she would have loved AG dolls, much easier because it's not so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of Babes at Coolspring!

      Yes, my grammy made all my doll clothes from Barbie up to the bigger babies and especially my Cabbage Patch Kids. Wish they were closer in size. :-)

      Delete